Please note the below compliance changes, occurring Wednesday, September 10:
“Courtesy” Notices Changing to “Warning” Notices
If you’ve recently received a Courtesy Notice to make a correction to one or more of your listings, we hope you’ve had a chance to complete that task. Please note that all Courtesy Notices are being changed to Warning Notices beginning September 10. This change makes correcting your listing a requirement to avoid a penalty. Click here to see an example Warning Notice.
New Listing Compliance Tools
We’re working to simplify our listing compliance process. As a result, starting Wednesday, September 10, the following links will be available in the External Links section of Matrix:
• My Violations
- This link will show you a list of any and all violations that you currently have or had in the past.
• My Notifications
- This link will show you a line item report of all emails that have been sent to you in the past from our compliance team.
• My Office Violations (for Brokers only)
- If you’re a Broker, you will be able to view any past and current violations for your respective Agents.
• Violations Reported by Me
- You currently can view the progress of any violations that have been reported by you to our compliance team.
Reminder: Additional Fines for Uncorrected Violations
Since we’re talking about listing corrections, we also want to take this opportunity to remind you about MFR’s policy for violations that are not corrected in a timely manner.
As you know, if violations are not corrected there is a penalty assessed. Interestingly enough, we have had issues in the past with a penalty being paid, but no correction to the listing was made. Our goal is to provide all members with the most accurate database possible, and allowing errors to go uncorrected was deterring from that goal. Effective January 1, 2014, MFR implemented the following escalation for uncorrected listing violations:
• $25 if listing not corrected at the end of 7 business days after the fine was issued.
• Additional $25 if listing is not corrected after 14 business days after the fine was issued.
• Additional $25 if listing is not corrected after 21 business days after the fine was issued.
• Additional $25 if listing is not corrected after 28 business days after the fine was issued.
• Failure to correct the listing and pay fines within 30 days after the original fine was issued will result in suspension of the individual Member until all fines are brought current and the listing is corrected.
• Any reactivation fees will also apply if the Member has been suspended.
The easiest way to avoid a penalty is to make requested corrections in the time frame allowed. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Call Center at 1-800-686-7451 (option #1) or email Admin@mfrmls.com
Thank you for helping to make the MFRMLS listing database as accurate as possible.